By using the optimal amount of energy, this tower-shaped scrubber is made to handle massive amounts of exhaust. The CleanSOx Tower scrubber therefore represents the ideal solution for owners opting for scrubbers when considering parameters like: Open Loop, Hybrid, Allstream, Size, Weight, Design and the Total Cost to have it installed and commissioned. For the largest vessel-types you have the option of choosing a model with an extra fan.
Efficiency and fast ROI
The patented CleanSOx EGCS is designed to meet the needs of the maritime industry and offers proven Allstream exhaust gas handling meaning all exhaust sources on board can be served by one common EGCS unit; enabling a fast return on investment.
Our EGCS systems works equally well in open (liquid one time through) and closed (liquid recirculation) modes while seawater and alkali is used to regulate the sulphur trapping efficiency in both pH: modes. The EGCS can operate in all types of water (including low alkaline and saline water) in either mode and without loss of efficiency.
The CleanSOx EGCS is therefore an optimal solution for the marine environment and represents a futureproof system for the ship owner, adhering to regulatory variety in all waters. Our system has also the ability to combine natural and added alkalinity in open loop operation. This means it will provide high cleaning efficiency while maintaining a pH>6 at the outlet, making the effluent compliant with all IMO and regional/local regulations.
No back pressure
- No fuel penalty
- AE’s can start connected to EGC unit(s)
- No restrictions running AE’s in part load – no impact on engine parameters (EIAPP)
- Boilers connected
Closed loop/open loop operation
- Open loop 0,5% Sulphur – sea water only when Sulphur < 3,5% – sea water in combination with NaOH at peak loads and when boilers are engaged
- Open loop 0,1% Sulphur – sea water + NaOH dosing; can transit any water – no alkalinity restrictions
- Closed loop – sea water + NaOH dosing; only required where zero discharge is called for
- Open loop 0,5% Sulphur – process water + cooling water + dilution device
- Open loop 0,1% Sulphur – plus NaOH (pH 6,5 at 4m or pH 6 overboard)