The newly developed “naked scrubber” reduces total installed weight of infrastructure by more than two thirds, which means significant CAPEX savings on the scrubber itself and no need to strengthen the ship structure prior to installation.
Open and closed loop
The simplified scrubber also reduces installation time from 4-5 weeks to 3 weeks, thereby cutting docking costs significantly too. A prefabricated electric room is one of the solutions that enable significantly shorter installation time. All critical components on the open deck scrubber are protected from harsh sea conditions.
The Compact “naked” hybrid scrubber can run with both open and closed loop, thereby avoiding conflict with ports that have prohibited the use of open loop scrubbers. It can easily be inspected and maintained by the vessel crew in order to maximize operational uptime.
Zero back pressure construction
The scrubber is made of high-grade stainless-steel material and is easily incorporated with the ship’s boilers. It comes with a proven zero back pressure construction that has already had more than 10,000 hours of operation with boilers the past few years. Favorable placement of electronics and simplified cable connections make it easy to install and maintain. Which is often a time-consuming process during the installation.
No back pressure:
- No fuel penalty
- AE’s can start connected to EGC unit(s)
- No restrictions running AE’s in part load – no impact on – engine parameters (EIAPP)
- Boilers connected
Closed loop/open loop operation:
- Open loop 0,5% Sulphur – sea water only when – Sulphur < 3,5% (Given that exhaust gas largely comes from Diesel engine)
- Open loop 0,1% Sulphur – sea water + NaOH dosing; can transit any water – no alkalinity restrictions
- Closed loop – sea water + NaOH dosing; only required – where zero discharge is called for pH
- Open loop 0,5% Sulphur – process water + dilution device
- Open loop 0,1% Sulphur – plus NaOH (pH 6,5 at 4m or pH 6 – overboard)
Footprint and savings:
- Height reduced by 66%
- Weight reduced by 66%
- Cost reduced by 30%
- Operates with one fuel in all areas and harbours
- No need for major rebuilding of the vessel; minimum footprint requirements
- Reduced installation and commissioning time
- Future proof solution
- Minimum CAPEX and OPEX